Total Surrender

Early October 

Why is surrender so hard at times?

Why am I so stubborn?

Why can't I give this to God

Why is it so very difficult to give God control over certain areas of our lives? 

Why do we pick things back up that we've already surrendered to Him previously?

Why are there always those few areas that we continually need to be surrendering back to God?


   These are some of the many questions and thoughts that have been going through my mind recently.  Recently God had been taking me through a time where He has shown me that I am not fully and completely surrendered to Him and His will.  My hopes, dreams, plans for the future, marriage, family, etc need to be fully surrendered to Him. My future and marriage have definitely by far been the hardest things to surrender and honestly I still haven't completely given it to Him. Everyday I cry out to God for the strength to fully surrender my live wholly to Him. Why is it so hard at times? Little by little bit by bit God is giving me the strength to give these thing to Him, I'm still not there but I know thorough His grace I'll be able to give it complete over to Him. Cause He is enough, He is all I need.
  God has shown me that He and only He is all I need. This quote (below)was really profound at one point. It was like "Hey! He really is the only answer, He's all I need." Yes I knew that before but its kinda strange how at certain points in our lives the simplest things can be ever so profound!


   But this time has also been a very blessed time, even though it has been extremely hard, I have really felt God in a way like never before. In wanting to completely be surrendered to His will and leading He has shown Himself in such an amazing way.

October 15
  We serve such an amazing God! After continually crying out to God, that I would be able to fully trust His will and leading for my life, He has truly filled me with peace! There is such freedom in surrender!


I've found such freedom and joy since giving Him my future, plans, hopes etc. It's was hard, yes, but oh how putting things in His hands brings such wonderful freedom and peace.  I'm looking forward to seeing where God will lead, whether it means going to the other side of the world, serving my family here at home, getting married, reaching out in my community, whatever. Where God has me, there I will be and for the time being He has placed me here. I remember reading something once about how someone had asked a young single lady whether she was gonna stay single or not? Her response was "Today God has called me to singleness". While that can apply to singleness it can also apply to so many other things. Today God has called us to be right where we are, where-ever that is. Lets live it to the fullest and to His glory and not be continually hoping that we were somewhere else. He is WORTHY!!



P.S.
Please forgive me while I fiddle with my blog layout, title, etc. I'm kind of doing a makeover.



Comments

  1. This post is so encouraging!! So so good! Thank you for sharing what the Lord has been doing in your life...this subject is one that that has dire need of being addressed; that many, including me, are struggling with. Oh for patience and contentment! But the Lord is SO faithful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment Victoria! Been praying for you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from y'all!

Popular Posts