Prayer continued...




Ephesians 6:10 says "Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the  Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints"
Does it literally mean to spend all day praying? I don't think so, but what does it mean??? What do other people think about this verse?

In R. A. Torrey's book 'How to Pray' he says "Prayer is God appointed way for obtaining things? The reason we lack in life is due to neglect of prayer" Wow! I never thought of it that way!
Luke 11:9 says "And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you." I don't think this means just asking once and waiting for God to give but persevering prayer. He wants us to be persistent in prayer and have faith in Him. 

R. A. Torrey says "Many Christians are asking "Why is it that I progress so little in my Christian life?"
"Neglect of prayer" God answers "You have not because you ask not" We do not persevere in prayer, we just ask once are to lazy to continue praying about it.  
That is so true! If I just say a real quick prayer after my Bible time, I don't grow at all. When I spend time praying God moves!! Look at all the great evangelists and missionaries! John Wesley, Hudson Taylor, George Muller, Charles Spurgeon and countless others! They all spent HOURS in prayer!! And God worked in marvelous ways!!!!! 

John Welsey said  "The neglect of prayer is a grand hindrance to holiness."  

A. W. Tozer says  "The neglected heart will soon be a heart overrun with worldly thoughts; the neglected life will soon become a moral chaos; the church that is not jealously protected by mighty intercession and sacrificial labors will before long become the abode of every evil bird and the hiding place for unsuspected corruption. The creeping wilderness will soon take over that church that trusts in its own strength and forgets to watch and pray." 

William Carey: " Prayer - secret, fervent, believing prayer - lies at the root of all personal godliness." 

Charles Spurgeon "Whether we like it or not, asking is the rule of the Kingdom. If you may have everything by asking in His Name, and nothing without asking, I beg you to see how absolutely vital prayer is."

William Booth . "You must pray with all your might. That does not mean saying your prayers, or sitting gazing about in church or chapel with eyes wide open while someone else says them for you. It means fervent, effectual, untiring wrestling with God...This kind of prayer be sure the devil and the world and your own indolent, unbelieving nature will oppose. They will pour water on this flame."  

Hudson Taylor "I have seen many men work without praying, though I have never seen any good come out of it; but I have never seen a man pray without working." 




So yeah, these are just some of my thought on prayer.  
 




Comments

Popular Posts