Youth Bible School, China trip, Baby Shower etc
Hey folks! So yeah I've been staying pretty busy lately! As the title implies:)
The highlight from the last month or so has definitely been YBS!! It was such a wonderful, uplifting, enjoyable, encouraging, challenging and inspiring time...all at the same time!!! It was so wonderful to spend a whole week all my friends, to make new ones, and just be surrounded by godly liked minded youth!! Few distractions oh it was such a splendid time!! I was able to see one of my very good friends from VT again whom I met last, also my prayer group leader from last year was there from WI. I've been keeping in touch with her since last ybs. And so many other people, too many to mention. I'm so thankful for all the godly young people the Lord has placed in my life. They have been such blessing and encouragement.
I was very challenged by the sermons by Dale Gish on the evenings! The Lord showed me through some of his sermons areas that needed changing. One this was submission, I realized I was not 100% submitted to my parents like I thought, so that's something I've been working on.
We were able to stay with the Myers, the same family we stayed with last year!! They are such a sweet fun couple along with their little son Noah(1). Us youth had so much fun there! I really love them!! They're just plain awesome!!!:)
We all had a blast with them on Wed evening. On Wed, the dont have the evening sermon. Giving students a break so they can get back to their host families early and they're "supposed" to get some sleep:) After we went back to the Myers we hang out for a while they played a game of Dirty Uno. Victoria and Mrs. Myers made that so much fun. I think we all laughed for then we played.
Next Tuesday us Dayspring youth will be driving down to NC for YBS down there. Definitely looking forward to that. I'm excited to see what the Lord is gonna do in that 5 days!!
The highlight from the last month or so has definitely been YBS!! It was such a wonderful, uplifting, enjoyable, encouraging, challenging and inspiring time...all at the same time!!! It was so wonderful to spend a whole week all my friends, to make new ones, and just be surrounded by godly liked minded youth!! Few distractions oh it was such a splendid time!! I was able to see one of my very good friends from VT again whom I met last, also my prayer group leader from last year was there from WI. I've been keeping in touch with her since last ybs. And so many other people, too many to mention. I'm so thankful for all the godly young people the Lord has placed in my life. They have been such blessing and encouragement.
I was very challenged by the sermons by Dale Gish on the evenings! The Lord showed me through some of his sermons areas that needed changing. One this was submission, I realized I was not 100% submitted to my parents like I thought, so that's something I've been working on.
We were able to stay with the Myers, the same family we stayed with last year!! They are such a sweet fun couple along with their little son Noah(1). Us youth had so much fun there! I really love them!! They're just plain awesome!!!:)
We all had a blast with them on Wed evening. On Wed, the dont have the evening sermon. Giving students a break so they can get back to their host families early and they're "supposed" to get some sleep:) After we went back to the Myers we hang out for a while they played a game of Dirty Uno. Victoria and Mrs. Myers made that so much fun. I think we all laughed for then we played.
Next Tuesday us Dayspring youth will be driving down to NC for YBS down there. Definitely looking forward to that. I'm excited to see what the Lord is gonna do in that 5 days!!
![]() |
| My super awesome prayer group! Back row left to right. Me, Susan, Bethany, BethAnn. Front row Joanna(my prayer group leader) Hannah, Rachel and Mary. I had a great prayer group this year!! |
![]() | ||
| The Myers and all us youth who stayed there. |
In February I'll be heading back to China again and am preparing for that. Please be keeping us in your prayers as the trip gets nearer. Not sure yet how long I'll be there, probably 3-4 weeks. Seems like such a short trip. I hope to improve my Chinese in that short time.
![]() |
| Ben is looking forward to meeting his nephew also! |
So excited for Caleb and Genna...Paton is gonna be here soon!!! Early January!! Can't wait to meet my little nephew! Tomorrow we're giving a Baby Shower for Genna and Paton. Today and yesterday us girls have been very busy getting ready for it!




Charity -- I loved this post. Especially the pictures!! =) Thanks. I hope you all have a blessed weekend in NC and I hope you will post pictures after that too. And I did not realize you are going back to China again so soon. Wow!! Blessings!!!
ReplyDeleteCharity,
ReplyDeleteAwesome seeing our prayer group pics!! So glad to have found your blog!! Love ya!
~hannah